From cryogenic temperatures up to 1000°C
Thermocoax heating cables consist of one or two straight current-carrying cores in a flexible metal sheath, electrically insulated from one another and from the sheath by means of a highly compacted refractory powder.
Thermocoax developed a special cold-end construction to cope with the problems of high heat density dissipation. These ends can be fitted with connectors.
Thermocoax heating cables offer a continuous sheath without joints or with a flush contour around the hot/cold transitions.
By combining small diameter and hard-packed insulation, our heating cables can take on virtually any shape without deterioration of either the insulation or the sheath.
Our thermal solutions can be used in air, under vacuum or high pressure and in most corrosive environments, depending on the sheath material.
To improve heat contact and thus heat transfer, the cable can be deformed, brazed or welded into its optimum position.
- Minimum bending radius: 3 x OD
- Thermocoax heating cables can be attached directly to metal parts
- The heat can be generated exactly where it is required, thus power losses are reduced, as is power consumption.
- Excellent heat exchange: the heater can be brazed onto any metal piece
The essential part of THERMOCOAX construction is that both thermocouple conductors, insulation and metal protecting sheaths are combined as a cable.
This construction offers several advantages:
- Small overall dimensions and high flexibility, which enable temperature measurements in locations with poor accessibility
- High mechanical strength
- Protecting the thermoelectric wires against oxidation, corrosion and chemical pollution
- Very fast response time, which allows measurement of very short temperature variations.
Thanks to the highly compact insulating powder metallographic status of the conductors and sheath, the THERMOCOAX thermocouples are very flexible and may be bent to a radius equal to three times the outer diameter without causing any damage.
Our wide range of thermocouples offers many advantages in a wide range of applications.
- Temperature response in accordance with IEC 584-1 and 2 / ASTM E 230 & 235
- type J, K or N type, class 1
- Type S, R or B for high temperature
- TUS & SAT thermocouples for heat treatment applications
- Very high temperature for 0°C to 2300°C applications
- Sheath alloy: stainless steel, Inconel
- Diameter: 0.25 to 6 mm
- Length: no limitation
- Easy shaping for better integration
- ATEX certification upon request
In order to meet all calibration demands, THERMOCOAX has its own metrology department located at the production plant in Planquivon (France), accredited by the COFRAC Calibration Section under registration number: 2.1384 referring to calibration at fixed points of the thermo-electrical couples.
Because of their construction, dimensions and features, THERMOCOAX sheathed thermocouples can be mounted easily using adhesive, soldering, clamping, brazing, welding or seal glands.
We offer you the possibility of designing and manufacturing custom sensor solutions or complete thermal systems with mineral insulated cable heaters and sensors.
We offer electrical heaters and sensors for many industries whose applications can be very different, such as:
- Composite forming – Composite curing
- Thermoplastic welding
- Rubber vulcanisation
- High voltage (HV) cables and ultra-high voltage (UHV) cable manufacturing and maintenance
- Construction materials
We adapt and design custom electrical heaters and temperature sensors to meet the specific demands of each industry.
- Silicon heating mats and mineral insulated cable heating plates for rubber vulcanisation systems
- Electrical heating plates for bulk solids
- Mineral insulated cable for heating moulds
- Heated hoses
- Infrared sources
- Custom thermal solutions integrating mineral insulated cable heaters and temperature sensors.
THERMOCOAX designs and manufactures special heaters and temperature sensors for metal and glass industries. We offer a wide range of specific thermal solutions from immersion heaters to high-end calibrated thermocouples for heat treatment processes.
THERMOCOAX immersion heaters were designed to meet the specifications of the most demanding very high purity aluminium foundries.
Our R&D engineers designed this product to guarantee an exceptional level of homogeneity of heat distribution and an optimal level of electrical insulation safety.
Our large dimension conductive electrical heating plate technology is particularly suited to processes shaping aluminium parts. We offer complete systems with electrical regulation allowing us to guarantee long lifetimes for our heating solutions.
Heating plates and specific 3D ovens are also used during heat treatment processes and in the glass industry.
We also manufacture heating solutions for the magnesium and titanium industries.
Our class 1 thermocouple cables measure the temperature in heat treatment furnaces in real time. These values are the key parameters for demonstrating the quality and validity of the heating process.
We have our own calibration laboratory accredited by COFRAQ.
Thermocoax manufactures a wide range of thermocouples that are used for many applications in the metal and the glass industries.
THERMOCOAX offers a specific range of Flange Immersion Heaters for petrochemical industries with an innovative design.
Our product range focuses on small tank petroleum-based heating applications requiring low density < 2W/cm² solutions with a total power up to 40kW.
THERMOCOAX Immersion Heaters are designed for direct immersion in liquids such as :
- Heavy fuel
- Preheating fuel
- Light diesel fuel
- Standard diesel fuel
- Machine oil
- Mineral oil
- Lubricating oil…
Also, for asphalt, tar and other heavy or highly viscous components.
To complete this range, our large offer of thermocouples allows us to be part of the main projects in petrochemical factories combining efficiency and safety:
- Multipoint sensors
- Hot point detectors
- Specific sensors for subsea applications
- Customised sensors
Thermocoax thermocouples are available with high-resistive sheath materials that can resist corrosive environments.
All temperature sensors can be operated inside pressure vessels.
THERMOCOAX thermocouples can be used in ATEX zones.
THERMOCOAX and ISOPAD solutions cover the primary needs of the petrochemical industries with electrical heating cables and solutions designed by our engineers. All our solutions are customised to respond specifically to the customer’s needs.
- Immersion heaters
- Drum heaters
- Reactor heater solutions
- Shaped electrical mineral insulated cables
- Gas bottle heaters
- Specific thermal solutions including heaters, sensors and connections
ATEX solutions on demand
For more information, please contact us. We will be more than happy to offer you the best thermal solution for your application.
THERMOCOAX manufacturing processes and quality insurance plans allow us to be in line with the demands of the automotive industry.
To meet the clean welding standard for thermoplastic tanks in the automotive industry, THERMOCOAX developed special infrared sources.
Due to the constant improvement of our products, the THERMOCOAX infrared sources offer long lifetimes on production lines and high homogeneity for 2D and 3D non-contact clean welding processes.
Thermocoax infrared sources have been specifically designed to respond to the demanding manufacturing processes of automotive suppliers.
The main THERMOCOAX applications for the automotive industry:
- IR clean welding solutions
- Temperature sensors for exhaust gas
- Brake thermocouples
- Temperature control of catalytic converters
- Flexible heated hoses for glue dispensers
- Silicon heating mats and electrical heating cables for passenger comfort
Our mineral insulated cables, thermocouples and ISOPAD heating solutions are produced with constant attention to performance, safety, efficiency and the reduction of heavy particle emissions.
Thermocoax can also provide solutions for engine efficiency and passenger comfort.